When choosing a siding contractor make sure they are experienced and have plenty of references. Ask them questions about how they will handle details and make sure they include a detailed scope of work in their proposal.
To many times when we hear about problems with other contractors and there never was a signed contract or proposal showing what the two parties agreed to in writing. Not only does it protect you the customer, but it protects us as well by making sure all of the expectations are outlined properly.
- Find out about the contractors’ work experience, especially with trim. The trim around windows, doors, and overhangs, etc. will make all the difference –trim work is labor intensive, and is vital in keeping your home water tight.
- If you have issues with rot, etc., make sure that contractors discuss it with you. If other unexpected issues arise during the inspection, this should be communicated immediately, and the contractors should state how the problem will be addressed.
- It is important that contractors incorporate the removal of the old siding. Not only should it be included in the bid, but they should also tell you their process, and have a plan for disposing of it. In fact, they should also tell you where they plan to store the materials and trash during the job.
- Inquire about the application of the moisture barrier, the siding, flashing, the nail penetration, and so on. What kind of caulking will they use? If appropriate, depending on the siding type you’ve decided on, ask about the paint and finish as well. Also, be sure to ask about the application of the all-important trim.
- What type of workmanship warranty do they offer?. At least try to make sure your contract guarantee is for 1 year, which will give you time to find any problems about the siding that may show up. Louisville Exteriors provides a limited lifetime warranty on our labor and we can do that because we are that confident in our installations.
We feel confident in our approach and that after you compare of our completed jobs to other vinyl siding contractors Louisville Exteriors will be the top choice for your project.